Your Privacy Is Important To Us
Horizon Yacht USA (referred to as "we", "us", "our" or the "company") follows the privacy practices that are described in this notice. We reserve the right to make the changes in our privacy practices and the new terms of our notice will be effective for all information that we may maintain. We encourage you to review this privacy notice periodically.
Personal Data Processing
You should always feel safe when providing personal data to Horizon Yacht USA. We do everything we can to protect your data from unauthorized access and comply with applicable law. This notice provides an overview of what personal information we may collect about, how we use your personal information, and how we protect your personal information.
A. What personal data is collected?
The personal information we collect from you when you interact with us includes:
- IP-address and information about your website visit behavior
- First name
- Last name
- Telephone number
- Account number and information
- Order information
- Payment information
B. How does Horizon Yacht USA process personal data?
Collection and consent
Horizon Yacht USA collects personal data through both digital and analog channels (e.g. websites, industry events, seminars, customer meetings, by telephone, etc.). The data is stored in the company's customer databases.
We always request your consent to collect your personal data and save your personal data for a specific purpose, except when:
- When we are obligated to store your data owing to legal requirements and other demands for information.
- When you or your company enters into a business relationship with us (legitimate interest) or by contractual obligation.
- When we have a legitimate business purpose, such as product or service improvements, quality assurance, business operations, minimize disruption to services, and auditing, monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities.
Use and purpose
We never collect more information than the situation requires and only for specific purposes. Such purposes include:
- providing information on a product or service
- providing a product or service, including service and warranty requests
- marketing activities (through newsletters, eblasts, post cards, social media or other engagement, etc.)
- responding to your requests or requests from others (business partners and representatives)
- legal requirements
Horizon Yacht USA's website
Horizon Yacht USA wants to understand how you users utilize our website, so that we can improve upon the experience - to do this we employ Google Analytics (the web analytics service), Google Webmaster Tools, and Google Translate. As with many of these services, Google Analytics tracks a user's interaction with websites via first-party cookies, and this is how we collect information about how users use Horizon Yacht USA's website. We then utilize this information to help improve our website features as well as to compile reports about usage, site performance, and administration. We do not identify specific visitors in such reports - we only disclose website usage and trends. The information collected by Horizon Yacht is not distributed or sold.
C. How long is personal data kept?
We will keep your personal data for the following:
- as required by law or by contract
- as long as necessary to perform the service or task requested
D. Sharing of information with others
We may share your personal data with:
- owners and employees of the company and related companies
- third party product manufacturers and representatives
- third party agents, vendors, and suppliers
- third party multiple listing services and yacht closing services
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. These measures could include data transfer agreements implementing standard data protection clauses.
E. Protecting your personal information
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in line with applicable data protection and privacy laws. For example, when we share your personal information with third parties, we may put in place a written agreement which commits the third parties to keep your information confidential, and to put in place appropriate security measures to keep your information secure.
F. Rights of persons affected
Data privacy laws provide you with a number of rights regarding your personal data. You may be entitled to:
Right of access
You have the right to request information regarding what personal data we process about you or your company. The request for information must be submitted in writing to us at email@example.com. Requests shall be answered within 15 days.
Right to correction
You can ask us to correct your data. We will then take reasonable steps to keep your information up-to-date, and process it in a timely, complete, and accurate manner based on the most up-to-date information available to us.
Right to deletion
You can demand that we delete your data, provided that the legal requirements that allow for deletion exist.
Right to restriction of processing
You may ask that we restrict the processing of your data if:
- You deny the accuracy of the data for the period which we need to check to verify the accuracy of the data.
- The processing is unlawful, and you refuse the deletion of your data and instead demand the restriction of its use.
- We no longer need your information, but you need it to enforce, exercise or defend your rights.
- You have objected to the processing, so long as it is not certain that our legitimate reasons outweigh yours.
Right to data portability
We will transfer your data upon your request - as far as this is technically possible - to another person in charge. However, you are only entitled to this right if the data processing is based on your consent or is required to carry out a contract. Instead of receiving a copy of your data, you may also ask us to submit the data directly to another person in charge who you specify.
Right to objection
You may object to the processing of your data at any time for reasons that arise from your particular situation if the data processing is based on your consent or on our legitimate interests or those of a third party. In this case, we will no longer process your data. The latter does not apply if we can prove compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that outweigh your interests, or we need your data to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims.
Right to complain
You may complain to your local data protection authority if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
G. Who should I contact regarding questions on personal data processing?
Changes to personal data provisions
Changes concerning personal data processing in Horizon Yacht USA will be communicated on this website. However, if the processing of personal data is governed by a customer agreement, the contractual provisions apply until amended, unless they are inconsistent with the law or other legally binding provisions.
H. Privacy notice not applicable to other websites
From time to time we may provide links to websites or mobile applications that are not owned or controlled by us. This privacy notice does not apply to those websites. If you choose to use those websites, please check the legal and privacy statements posted on each website or mobile application you access to understand their privacy practices and any cookies they may collect.
I. Cookies and other technologies